PRESS-CONFERENCE FOR ANNOUNCING THE RESULTS OF THE CALL FOR GRANTS WITHIN THE PROJECT CIVIC PARTICIPATION FOR LOCAL DEMOCRACY HAS BEEN HELD
March 24, 2017
On Friday, March 24th, 2017, at 12:00 at the premises of the EU Info Center in Skopje, the project “Civic Participation for Local Democracy” has held the press conference for announcing the results of the grant scheme for CSOs in Strumica, Struga and Centar (Skopje).
The project Civic participation for local democracy is financed under the IPA 2 Multi-Country Civil Society Facility & Media Programme 2014-2015, and is implemented by the Foundation Open Society Macedonia (FOSM) and Center for Local Democracy Development (CLDD).
The Call for grants was published on 17.12.2016 with the dead-line until 9.01.2017. On 17 January 2017, the Joint Grants Committee made a decision to award grants to 9 projects out of 31 received applications, in the total amount of 84.720 EUR. The projects derive from the enacted Cultural Strategies and Action Plans in the three partner municipalities Struga, Strumica and Centar.
The grants have been awarded to the following projects:
- “Via Kandavia Museum – Meadow, destination for cultural tourism in Struga”, Association for ethno-culture “VIA Kandavia” – Struga;
- “Struga Creative town”, Association Initiative for Independent Cultural Activism (INCA) – Struga;
- “Ethnicities together mean respect of cultural values”, Association for Development of Interethnic Dialogue “Etniteti” – Struga;
- “We dream, we accomplish and love we give”, Organization of women from Strumica;
- “Interactive platform of manifestations, events, cultural workers and organizations/associations in the area of culture”, Association Touristic Union – Strumica;
- “Creative action for culture mobilization”, Association for Education and Development of Persons with Impediments of Development Equality for Project – Strumica;
- “24.doc”, Association for Support of Children and Youth with Diversities BLUE BIRD – Skopje;
- “It’s a first and it’s a girl – festival for feminist culture”, CA for promotion of female activity Tiiiit! Inc. – Skopje
- “Children in the center (of attention)”, CA Buden Teatar – Skopje
- H.E. Delegation of the European Union
- Ms. Julijana Karai, Project Team Leader (FOSM)
- Mr. Vlatko Petrushevski, Grants and Financial Coordinator (FOSM)